Thursday, December 10, 2015

http://guesswhoiscoingtodinnerartists4.blogspot.com/

   A: what was life like where you grew up?
Q: well... I was born in St.Bernard parish, Louisiana and then my family moved to New Orleans. Growing up the new era of music was Jazz. So I decided that one day I'm gonna make my own band and even lead one, one day. There was always music in new Orleans. I grew up in the Marigny and Bywater districts of new orleans. They were both really small neighborhood's

Q:What influenced you to become a musician?
A: A promoter had came to me and asked me to be apart of the original Dixieland jazz band. I was a clarinetist. Once I saw how amazing it was to be apart of something like that... I immediately wanted to create my own jazz band

Q: Who helped you develope your interest in the arts?
A: Living in New Orleans helped create an interest in the arts. I began by playing the guitar but switched and began playing the clarinet. I've always been able to play numerous instruments though. During my era jazz music was really out there and I took a liking to it

Q: What were musicians like when you were coming up?
A: Musicians focused on swing jazz. My part group " Dixieland" derived from ragtime and matching bands. Usually the swing jazz has a loose free wheeling, and swinging style. Swing jazz was written in upright or double bass instead of the tuba

Q: How did the major economical, cultural, and political situations of the time impact your work?
A: During my time that I began working on jazz it was the inter war year. During WWI and WWII the devustation and depression was unreal. I wanted to give people something classical yet free and loose. I wanted people to be able to calm down and relax to my music but still enjoy it

Q: What were some major accomplishments you made?
A: I've played with some of the best bands out there I mean dixieland was great! I was the Band Bert Kelly's leader. Pee wee Russell told people in Chicago and New York that I was the greatest Jazz Clarinetist in the world

Q: What method did you use for your music?
A: Some methods used for my music were...well..like I said before loose, free, and swinging with class

Q: What were some major opportunities you took to get where you are now?
A: Some major opportunities where going and leaving bands. I couldn't stayed in one band but I knew that I was going to have to take some risks to get to where I wanted to be... I had to do what I had to do

Q: How did your music impact music during your time?
A: My music made an impact because of the clarinet. That small instrument has such a powerful sound if you put some good use into it

Q: Do you regret anything you've done to become the musician that you are?
A: Wow, well...no I don't regret anything. Of course there's thing I wish I could've changed that happened but I can't. Everything happens for a reason... I'm a musician for a reason...








No comments:

Post a Comment